After nine months of procrastinating, stressing, sobbing into bags of Cheetos and uh, writing, Finding Elyssia is finally complete. It's strange to think that these characters never existed before I created them, so knowing their lives have come to an end is a little sad. I want to thank my ongoing readers for the crazy amount of support they've given me. If it weren't for their awesome comments and constant bugging for new chapters, this project would've died a long time ago.
Amenah (my first official fan), Sera, Kelly, Rachel, Levi, DeAnna, Clary, Jackie, Lucy, Amaros, "Ever Blue," Maddy, Abigail, Victoria, Anna, Scarlett and many, many more. I owe you all tacos.
Wait, what was this blog about again? Oh, right, my top ten writing quotes!
When I'm not in the mood to write or I feel uninspired, I usually browse the internet for something to give me that spark back. Here is a list of ten of my favourite quotes that never fail to move me.
1. "If I don't write to empty my mind, I go mad." - Lord Byron
2. "Make it dark, make it grim, make it tough, but then, for the love of God, tell a joke." - Joss Whedon
3. "The first draft of anything is shit." - Ernest Hemingway
4. "Fiction is about stuff that is screwed up." - Nancy Cress
5. "Reading is more important than writing." - Robert Bolaño
6. "He asked, 'What makes a man a writer?' 'Well,' I said, 'it's simple. You either get it down on paper, or jump off a bridge.'" - Charles Bukowski
7. "Writing a novel is like driving a car at night. You can only see as far as your headlights, but you can make the whole trip that way." - E.L. Doctorow
8. "Every secret of a writer's soul, every experience of his life, every quality of his mind is written large in his works." - Virginia Woolf
9. "I write only because there is a voice within me that will not be still." - Sylvia Plath
10. "Write drunk, edit sober." - Peter De Vries